How Are People Spending Digital Media Time? Move over desktop.

And just like that, the recent data as reported this past July by Mary Meeker of KPCB shows that mobile digital media time in the US is now significantly higher at 51% compared to desktop at 42%.

This means one thing… the tipping point has arrived. With this comes the question of experience and that which we are providing for our audience. Are we meeting our audience right where they’re at?

Or rather, are we meeting our audience in the palm of their hand?

Internet Usage

In recent months, we have also been reporting the shift in regards to how people are then accessing media from their smartphone. With a whopping 89% of smartphone owners accessing media via their smartphones through apps, that leaves just 11% accessing media through mobile optimized websites.

But it’s more than just the data, this simply just tells us where people are and where and how they want to connect. Some have asked, how then will our church members and community actually use an app in a way that will benefit their walk with God?

Great question!

We’ve been looking into the numbers recently with one question in mind. Are people actually using the app? And by using the app, I mean actually downloading the app and using the app frequently outside of maybe listening to a podcast or two. What we found was astounding.

We found that people were using their church app frequently. And by frequently, I mean what we found was an 87% returning user rate with our custom church apps.

Maybe there’s something to these numbers? What would cause people to use an app this frequently?

Here are some reasons why people are using their church’s custom app frequently:

  • There are over 40 Bible translations in the app making the Bible feature our number one feature. I don’t know about you, but having the Bible be your number one feature and knowing that we have experienced an 87% returning user rate is very exciting.
  • Pastors are using our customized daily Bible reading plan and devotional builder in their app console to create reading plans that come along side their sermon series. What a great way to engage your church through the week with your message. If ever there was a tool to help people retain the message throughout each week by way of Bible reading customized to your current series, here it is.
  • We’re seeing churches engage their community by using the push notification feature on their custom app throughout the week to mobilize around immediate prayer needs, call to action for service needs, or even a simple service times reminder.

Of course, these are just a few reasons why people are using their church app this frequently. So, how about those 3 reasons to get a custom app for your church?

  • Meet your community where and how they want to connect… in the palm of their hand.
  • Provide access to your community to grow deeper with God with an app they will actually use.
  • Take advantage of our free 30 day trial.

If you would like us to build you a free app to try for 30 days simple click the link below. At any time you can upgrade to a church app custom branded with your name and graphics in the app stores.

Get Started
2016-12-04T17:49:27+00:00